Hairdressing NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship is for those who have completed their NVQ Level 2 and looking to enhance their skills. This qualification allows you take more senior positions in the salon and even opens doors to management. Choosing this apprenticeship allows you to continue working in your salon whilst attending The School Of Hairdressing once a week.
Duration: 12-18 months
Wage: If this is your first year of an apprenticeship then your wage is £3.50 per hour. If you have already completed an apprenticeship for your NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing, then you are entitled to the minimum wage for your age.
Working Hours: Minimum of 30 hours per week
An Advanced Apprenticeship is a City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing. This involves a number of different units (See below) including theory and practical sessions and functional skills. The course takes from 12 to 18 months to complete.
Units on an Advanced Hairdressing Apprenticeship include:
- Creatively style and dress hair (M)
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques (M)
- Creatively colour and lighten hair (M)
- Provide client consultation services (M)
- Provide a variety of relaxing services
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Hair colour correction services
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments
Please note that any units marked with (M) are mandatory and the others are optional.