Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 Intermediate
Starting your career as a hairdressing apprentice means that not only will you be gaining skills and knowledge from your classes at The School Of Hairdressing, you will also be interacting daily with experienced stylists from all areas of the industry in your placement.
It’s an enjoyable way to learn; alongside professional hairdressers, in a real salon environment with a structured syllabus to ensure your knowledge and skills are to a high, employable standard.
Earn while you learn.
Duration: 12-18 months
Wage: £3.50 per hour
Working Hours: Minimum of 30 hours per week
An Intermediate Apprenticeship is a City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing. This involves a number of different units (See below) including theory and practical sessions and functional skills. The course takes from 12 to 18 months to complete.
The units are as follows:
- Style and finish hair (M)
- Cut hair using basic techniques (M)
- Colour and lighten hair (M)
- Advise and consult with clients (M)
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp (M)
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work (M)
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Relax hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style
- Remove hair extensions
- Fulfil salon reception duties
Please note that any units marked with (M) are mandatory and the others are optional.
Our hairdresser and barber training school covers Hertfordshire, Herts, Hatfield & Welwyn, Enfield & Southgate, Barnet & Borehamwood and Stevenage.