Barbering NVQ Level 3 Advanced
The NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Barbering is for anyone looking to further their barbering skills. This qualification allows you take more senior positions in the salon or barber shop and can even open doors to management. Choosing this apprenticeship allows you to continue working in your salon whilst attending The School Of Hairdressing once a week.
Duration: 12-18 months
Wage: If this is your first year of an apprenticeship then your wage is £3.50 per hour. If you have already completed an apprenticeship then you are entitled to the minimum wage for your age.
Working Hours: Minimum of 30 hours per week
An Advanced Apprenticeship is a City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Barbering. This involves a number of different units (see below) including theory and practical sessions and functional skills. The course takes from 12 to 18 months to complete.
The units are as follows:
- Provide client consultation services (M)
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques (M)
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes (M)
- Provide shaving services (M)
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
- Provide a variety of relaxing services
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Hair colour correction services
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional activities
- Design and create patterns in hair
Please note and units marked with (M) are mandatory and the others are optional.