Barbering NVQ Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
Our NVQ Level 2 in Barbering course teach you everything you need to know about men’s hairdressing, teaching you the latest trends and how to suit and adapt them to various hair textures and individuals. The School Of Hairdressing will teach you a variety of hair cutting and clipper techniques, blending and texturising of the hair and current, up to date trends.
Barbering is becoming more common in salons as men are starting to realise the difference in service in comparison to a standard barber. This course is also great for those of you that only cut women’s hair and want to enhance your range of ability and introduce yourselves into barbering.
Duration: 12-18 months
Wage: £3.50 per hour
Working Hours: Minimum of 30 hours per week
Units on Intermediate Barbering Apprenticeship include:
- Advise and consult with clients (M)
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp (M)
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work (M)
- Cut Men’s hair using basic techniques (M)
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques (M)
- Dry and finish men’s hair (M)
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair (M)
- Relax hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Assist with shaving services
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
Please note and units marked with (M) are mandatory and the others are optional.
Our hairdresser and barber training school covers Hertfordshire, Herts, Hatfield & Welwyn, Enfield & Southgate, Barnet & Borehamwood and Stevenage.